Add mineral and crystal infused skincare products to your beauty routine
New Delhi, September 10 (IANSlife): In recent months, we have witnessed a big change in the beauty industry. Skincare and wellness products are now front and center, eclipsing the pre-pandemic focus on makeup and beauty. Navigating through a pandemic has turned the collective consciousness into the wellness space, taking care of mind, body and soul. Aromatherapy and crystal healing are just two ways people have sought to nurture their bodily senses.
What are the benefits of minerals and crystals in skin care?
This wellness trend has also made its way into the skin care industry. Although mineral and crystal-infused skincare has been around since the ancient Egyptians, today these compounds are added to everything from serums to moisturizers and facial massage tools. Fascinating ingredients such as diamond dust, gold and silver leaf, rose quartz and amethyst are hailed as “game changers” in the skincare industry for their skin benefits and spiritual. The energetic healing frequency of these crystals and minerals can calm, soothe, uplift and revitalize the skin.
Minerals are also crucial for overall health and well-being, they are nutrients the body cannot live without. Minerals themselves are inorganic solids that exist naturally, through geological processes, and have a specific, predetermined chemical composition. Some vital minerals that your skin needs are magnesium, potassium, silica, calcium, and zinc.
Queenie Singh Sethia, founder of Beauty By Bie, shares trending minerals and crystals to look for in your skincare products:
* Diamond Dust: Diamonds truly are a girl’s best friend. This ingredient is packed with exfoliating properties that flush out toxins and provide a glowing complexion. Their highly absorbent nature gives them skin lightening properties. Diamond dust is known to remove blemishes and fade acne and dark spots. Other benefits include: exfoliation of dead skin cells, prevention of skin aging and skin hydration
* Pearl Protein: The richness of this ingredient helps regenerate collagen, making wrinkles less marked. It also promotes cell repair, protects the skin from pollution and gives a luminous glow to the skin.
* Gold and Silver Leaf: These luxurious, ancient beauty ingredients act as antioxidants and strengthen the skin barrier. They also help boost circulation, improve skin elasticity and protect against environmental stressors.
* Titanium Dioxide: Works as a UV filter in skincare products, especially in physical sunscreens. It is also commonly used as a lightening, thickening and lubricating ingredient.
* Iron oxide: mainly added in cosmetics to increase pigmentation. This mineral is clean, hypoallergenic and helps increase the SPF protection offered by sunscreens. Its ability to protect the skin from UV and blue light makes it a must-have ingredient for melasma sufferers.
* Rose Quartz: This crystal is known as the crystal of unconditional love, and is said to also boost feelings of self-love. It has remarkable benefits in skincare, like the ability to stimulate blood flow to deliver more oxygen to the skin, resulting in a natural, red glow. It also helps relax facial muscles and relieve stress.
* Amethyst: This crystal represents purification and connection to spiritual and divine beings. Amethysts help cleanse and detoxify body, mind and soul. Their skin benefits include: boosting collagen, reducing inflammation and increasing circulation
* Malachite: This crystal is said to absorb negative energies and heal the body of multiple ailments. Also known as the botox of the crystal world, Malachite helps gently cleanse clogged pores and visibly firm and lift the skin. In addition, it supports the skin’s natural defenses against free radicals.
BiE’s Moonleam Precious Crème Gel is finished with precious gold and silver leaf, diamond dust and pearl protein, making it an ultra-luxe crème. It acts as a dual-benefit primer and moisturizer that imparts radiance, increases elasticity, and leaves skin with a dewy, golden glow.
Adding these minerals and crystals to your daily skin care regimen can help you achieve healthy looking, glowing skin.